Romi shows its global strength at Southern Manufacturing 2015
Category: A Empresa, Fundidos, Inicio, Injetoras de Plástico, Investidores, Máquinas-Ferramenta, Press-Releases
<b>Romi will be showing three new machines with high quality and flexibility that meet the European thirst for high productivity</b>
Having exhibited previously at Southern Manufacturing, Romi is hoping for a strong turnout with visitors coming to see world-ranking products that offer users a competitive edge. Southern England’s largest machine tools exhibition takes place between 10th and 12th February 2015, at FIVE, Farnborough, Hampshire.
Romi will show three new machines with high quality and flexibility, technology which already has a global recognition. These machines are expected to turn heads because they more than meet the European thirst for high productivity. The machines on show include:
- Turning Centre ROMI GL-240
- Vertical Machining Centre ROMI D-800
- Combination Teach Lathe ROMI C-420 x 1,000mm
“We have strengthened our position in Europe through our subsidiaries in UK, Germany, Italy, Spain and France. We want to offer the quality and performance of Romi products as a tool for increasing our customers’ competitiveness”, says Mr. João Inacio, responsible for Romi operations in Europe.
Exporting capital goods since 1944, Romi has experience in supplying machines worldwide and managing sales and services through its subsidiaries located in Spain, UK, Germany, France, USA and Mexico. Romi is an established player with a reputation for innovation and with well over 150,000 machines installed around the world.
At the Southern Manufacturing 2015, the company will be located in Hall XX, booth V122.
Machines displayed at Southern Manufacturing 2015:
ROMI GL-240 – CNC Turning Centre
- Designed to operate in mid to high volume production environments, giving an increase in productivity and profitability.
- Features high torque, high dimensional precision and great efficiency with minimal machining down time.
- Headstock options 51mm bore 6,000 rpm (ASA A2-5”) or 64mm 5,000 rpm (ASA A2-6”), built-in (with incorporated motor), 20 hp / 15 kW
- Maximum cutting diameter 300mm, Maximum cutting length 400mm
- Rapid traverse rate of 30m/min on X & Z axis.
- Longitudinal and cross carriages, leaning on ultra-precise linear guides, giving excellent positioning and outstanding repeatability.
- 12-station programmable turret.
- Fanuc 0i – TD control system, with 10.4" LCD colour screen.
- Full C-axis and live tool options on all GL-Series machines
ROMI D 800 – CNC Vertical Machining Centre
- Designed to operate in medium to high production environments.
- Robust machine with the rigidity, stability, accuracy and versatility of machining processes required to produce many different components in a variety of materials.
- Robust designed machine bed and column made from cast iron and designed to support heavy loads to absorb machining vibrations in even the most severe conditions and at full power.
- Table size of 914 x 500mm, X/Y/Z travels of 800/530/580mm.
- Spindle ranges of 8,000 or 10,000rpm with options for thru spindle coolant.
- Rapid traverse rate up to 30m/min, standard ATC capacity of 30 tools.
- Work area with optimal chip evacuation and efficient cleaning system.
- CNC Siemens Sinumerik 828-D or Fanuc 0i-MD both with 10.4'' LCD colour screen, Ethernet interface for factory networking, offering great flexibility for programs and parameters loading.
ROMI C-420 - CNC Combination Lathe
- Fast setup times and quick & easy programming for single op’s or volume production runs.
- Designed to operate in low production or toolroom environments.
- Very sturdy machine with high accuracy and versatility of machining processes required to produce different turned components.
- Flatbed construction made from cast iron and designed to withstand machining vibrations on a variety of materials.
- Spindle nose ASA A2-5", 51mm spindle bore (max. torque 115Nm),
- 420mm swing over the bed, 10hp / 7.5kW Siemens AC main motor
- 8-station disc turret or 3 way quick change toolpost.
- Rapid traverse rate up to 10 m/min.
- CNC Siemens Sinumerik 828-D with 10.4'' LCD colour screen, USB and Ethernet interface for factory networking, offering great flexibility for programs and parameters loading
<- Back to: Latest Updates